The [easyazon_link asin=”B001O5CCQK” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Logitech G35[/easyazon_link] is one of the better headsets from Logitech, and it’s a doozy. It offers the perfect combination of surround sound, sound quality, comfort, and affordability. In fact, in many ways this is a much better gaming headset than others that cost twice as much. I hope you enjoy my Logitech G35 review!
Features of the Logitech G35
So what makes the [easyazon_link asin=”B001O5CCQK” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Logitech G35[/easyazon_link] “better”? Take a look:
- It is compatible with PCs (Windows 8, Win7, and Vista). It will also work with the PS4, but in stereo mode.
- You get detailed 360-degree surround sound. With a 7.1 system, that means the sound seems like it’s coming from 7 speakers, plus Low Frequency Effects.
- Then there is the matter of comfort. Not only is it lightweight, but you can also personalize the headband. You can choose a headband that’s thin, thick, or contoured.
- There are also 3 programmable G-keys. You can assign anything to it, including chat, music, voice morphing, volume or surround sound adjustment or muting the mic. So you can change the settings (for different games or for watching a movie) at the touch of a button.
- The mic is foldable and has a noise canceling feature. You can mute the mic by rotating it upright, or by pressing the on-ear mute button. Whichever way you choose, there’s a red mute light to confirm that it’s on mute. So if you have to explain to your mom or your wife why you have been playing for 4 hours straight, your teammates won’t hear you.
The mic itself reduces the background noise around you so that you’ll be heard more clearly. And you can also change how your voice sounds, if that appeals to you.
- You’re connected to the PC through USB, so connectivity issues are non-existent.
Pros and Cons
First of all, the setup is a snap. You just put in the CD, install the software, and you’re basically ready to go. You have to go online to use the G-keys and the voice-morphing features.
Now when you play, the sound is astonishing. The 360 degree surround sound works wonderfully. It feels like you’re really in the world you’re playing in. All the little details that your previous speakers missed (little birds chirping, the sound of waves crashing against rocks in the distance, even your subtle breathing) will suddenly be available to you.
The bass is quite nice, without the hint of artificial booming. The mids are excellent, and the highs are ok even for music.
Everything is laid out perfectly, and there’s no fumbling about for the right controls and settings. It’s also very comfy as well, and the choice of headbands is a nice touch.
There’s just one negative, and it explains why the price isn’t much higher (and why it’s “better” and not the “best”). The build quality is a bit so-so, so to speak. In some parts, such as where the headband meets the ear piece, the connection is a bit on the flimsy side. That means you can’t just treat it like some sort of heavy-duty equipment. This is a high-quality piece of audio equipment, and it’s a bit fragile.
You get all these for just a list price of $130? Something does not add up, but it’s their problem, not yours. That just means that the value for money here is truly superb. You can even find some sellers offering it for less than $100. It’s a no-brainer.
But just make sure you take care of it. Treat it like a baby, and you can use your [easyazon_link asin=”B001O5CCQK” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Logitech G35[/easyazon_link] for a long time.