Sony committed a major marketing blunder when it included a horrible headset with their PS4 consoles. It led to a huge outcry among gamers and PS4 owners had no other choice but to find a suitable replacement. And one of the more popular options was the [easyazon_link asin=”B00EI4V3FU” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach P4C[/easyazon_link] made obviously by Turtle Beach, which wasn’t even a gaming headset to begin with. I hope you will enjoy my Turtle Beach P4C review!
Features of the Turtle Beach P4C
The [easyazon_link asin=”B00EI4V3FU” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach P4C[/easyazon_link] is what’s known as a Chat Communicator. It looks like half a headset, because it only offers sound for one of your ears.
- With that one earcup, the 40mm speaker gives you the chatter from your teammates. It does not give you game sounds at all. Since one ear is uncovered, you won’t need a chat monitor because you can hear your own voice as you speak.
- The design of the ear cup is open, so that means you can still hear the game sounds from your TV or PC speakers with both ears. That means you still have 360-degree directionality if your speakers offer surround sound.
- It works for the PS4, as well as for the PC, Mac, and even mobile devices. You may have to buy a jack for your PC connection as PCs don’t usually accommodate a 3.5mm connection.
- You can control the sound of the chat with its inline volume control. You can also mute the mic quickly if you want some privacy.
- It’s a plug and play design, so you can chat on your PS4, PC, Mac, or Mobile easily.
Pros and Cons
Before anything else, we need to understand the nature of the chat monitor. It has only one purpose: chatting. It’s not meant for anything else.
And for that job, it works quite well. You don’t need superior sound quality and the 40mm speaker is able to deliver the chatter to you clearly. After all, these speakers are used in many other headsets to deliver both chat and game sounds, so the lighter load helps.
It’s very light on the head and the earcups are large and very comfortable. The open design eliminates all issues about breathability. The design also enables you to enjoy the superior qualities of your current speakers. You can use the ear cup for either ear.
There are drawbacks, of course. On the Web, there have been several complaints about the low volume of the sound. Perhaps this was caused by an accident during delivery, or some people don’t really know how to use the inline volume control.
In any case, the Turtle Beach P4C is just average for durability, so you may want to treat it gently. This also applies to how you treat the mic. There’s no need to twist and turn it roughly. It doesn’t have to be right beside your lips for it to capture and send your voice.
Should You Buy It?
With a list price of $25, this thing is a steal but only if you fit the perfect profile of the ideal [easyazon_link asin=”B00EI4V3FU” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach P4C[/easyazon_link] owner.
- You’d rather not spend a lot of money on a headset.
- You already have an ideal speaker system for your TV or PC. If you have a 5.1 or a 7.1 surround sound system that gives you excellent sound, then buying a headset which only you can enjoy (and which probably offers inferior virtual surround sound) doesn’t make sense.
- Nobody in your home or in room is bothered when you play your games even late at night.
If all these points apply to you, then you should get the Turtle Beach P4C. You may even find one online for less than $20.