A quality gaming headset is always nice to have, especially if you like to use them for your mobile phone and watching movies as well. But “nice” doesn’t even begin to describe the [easyazon_link asin=”B00B3PDH5G” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach PX51[/easyazon_link]—and you don’t even have to spend an obscene amount of money for it. I hope you will enjoy my Turtle Beach PX51 review!
Specs and Features
If you have several different gaming platforms and mobile devices, you just buy the [easyazon_link asin=”B00B3PDH5G” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach PX51[/easyazon_link] and you’re ready to rock. Wireless compatibility is available for PCs with Bluetooth and PS3, and for PS4 you just need to download the update at the Turtle Beach website. For Xbox 360, you’ll need a wire, however.
Other features include:
• A dual-band Wi-Fi wireless system that ensures less interference for clearer chat and audio
• With Bluetooth you can also take phone calls when you’re gaming or just listen to your own music
• The sound comes in 360-degree Dolby Digital surround sound, so you know the location of the sounds in your game play and in your movies.
• The Dual Stage Audio Processor delivers sound with outstanding clarity and detail.
• The Dynamic Chat Boost automatically increases the chat volume from your teammates so you hear them whenever there are explosions around you.
• The rechargeable batteries offer up to 15 hours of continuous use, and you can also play while you charge.
• It uses memory foam for the earcups.
• There are presets available for your equalizer settings. You can go on the Turtle beach online forum for customized presets as well. You can program your own presets to match your preferences or style of play.
Pros and Cons
The first thing you’ll probably want to do is fiddle with the presets, but your first task is to make sure that you install it properly. Part of the purchase is a bunch of cables and wires, and that means it’s not entirely wireless. It is for the PS3, but for the PS4 you’ll need a wire to chat. The same goes for the Xbox. At least the connection process is simple, just as long as you follow the manual.
Now it’s time for you to play around with the presets. These presets ultimately determine your gameplay enjoyment, so they’re crucial. But they’re also very subjective, so you have to find the settings you want. There are presets for gameplay (you can choose if you want to emphasize footsteps or weapons fire) and there are presets for chat as well. With chat, you can even alter your voice to sound like a panicked little girl, a rumbling demon, or a robot.
The sound quality overall is excellent, with great bass and treble. It sounds cleaner than most other headsets in this price range. The memory foam takes care of the comfort issues, and it even helps block out ambient sound. For build quality, just make sure you don’t abuse it and it will give you several years of use.
The battery life is also decent, but there’s a catch. The battery isn’t easy to replace, so once you need to do so then you better contact Turtle Beach for a replacement. Another slightly irritating feature is the numerous buttons, which you’ll need to master for seamless gameplay.
We did say that you’ll be able to enjoy some savings with the [easyazon_link asin=”B00B3PDH5G” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach PX51[/easyazon_link], and we didn’t exaggerate. With this headset, you get a lot of versatility so there’s no need for multiple headsets. The same goes for music and movie viewing as well.
So should you buy it? At its list price you have the right to hesitate, because $270 can be a bit too expensive for a headset. But you can easily find online deals where you can get them for just a little over $150 (including shipping). Now at that price point, it’s definitely a steal.