Choosing a PC gaming headset has always been a dilemma for some, and every year there are contenders for the best PC gaming headsets.
The [easyazon_link asin=”B00D8T886S” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach Z300[/easyazon_link] came out in 2013 released by Turtle Beach. It was billed as a 7.1 Surround Sound PC gaming headset, although the 7.1 Surround Sound feature was available only in 2014. Nevertheless, quite a lot of people bought the Z300 early. I hope you enjoy my Turtle Beach Z300 review!
Features of the Turtle Beach Z300
So these are what you can expect from the [easyazon_link asin=”B00D8T886S” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach Z300[/easyazon_link] if you’re going to buy it now:
- This is a wireless PC gaming headset but you can use it for your Mac, as well as for any portable gaming device or even music player.
- As for the wireless aspect, it uses Dual-Band Wi-Fi so it scans for the clearest connection.
- The sound field expander offers superior realism and picks up more game sounds. This is unlike computer speakers that tend to compress some sounds and as a result, you will barely hear them.
- It comes with large earcups and breathable mesh cushions for added comfort. It’s quite lightweight as well. And if headset setup makes you uncomfortable, here you won’t have a problem: it’s plug and play.
- You can stream music and take calls while you play. And when you do take a call, the game sounds go down automatically. You can also manually set the balance of the game sounds and Bluetooth volume yourself.
- The variable microphone monitor enables you to hear your own voice over the earcup speakers. You can adjust the volume as well.
- You can take advantage of multiple EQ settings to fit your preferences, your gaming style, or to match whatever game you’re playing.
- It uses a long-life rechargeable battery.
Pros and Cons of the Turtle Beach Z300
The most important thing to consider here, it seems, is the surround sound. Too many people have given their opinion to how it sounds before the 7.1 update was released. But now that it’s out at last, what seems apparent is that this update works with many people but not all.
In any case, even before the update the stereo sound does seem excellent. Some even describe it as beautiful. And with the 7.1 surround sound working, it can be quite sublime when gaming or even when watching a movie.
The setup is also easy. This can be a relief for some people, because other wireless headsets are notoriously complicated to set up. With this one, it’s truly plug and play.
The “wireless” aspect also works flawlessly. Some “serious” gamers hate wireless because of connectivity issues (which can be fatal when using a wireless keyboard or mouse). But here the connectivity is impeccable. You hear the sound clearly, and you don’t have to worry about interference. The range is quite good at 25 feet, which is overkill for gaming but good if you’re watching a movie.
The comfort level is also conducive to long hours of playing. It’s very light on the head, and the padding does its job. Even the battery gives you lots of hours of gaming.
The mic sends out your voice nice and clear, and it’s detachable too. If you break it, it’s just a simple matter of replacing it. Perhaps the one major drawback here is that the headband adjusters are made of plastic. You’ll want to be careful here, or it might break.
It may be a bit pricey with a list price of almost $200, but in some places you may get it for much less. Buy [easyazon_link asin=”B00D8T886S” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”vicdor-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Turtle Beach Z300[/easyazon_link] headset as long as you’re fairly sure you can take advantage of the 7.1 surround sound.